Thursday, March 1, 2012

Titled to Reel Life

I used to blog. And I have been toying with the idea of starting to blog again for a while.  I just wasn't exactly sure what I'd blog about.  It will be nice to explain my thoughts with more than a tweeted blurb.

The title
     I chose the phrase "Reel Life" because I want my blog not only to be real in the sense of "hey this is me, this is what I do"...but also real in the sense of rawness...real human thoughts and emotions...the real me and what tends to go on in my brain.  I chose to use "reel" instead of "real" simply because in the film industry (its what i do), a "reel"is basically a frame or spool on which film, can be wound.....and is a term also used when referring to a "demo reel" which is basically a portfolio of a videographer's work.....
     Also, watching films is sometimes like watching the story of someone's life play out in front of you.  I think as people, we all live our lives on display for others to see.  A lot of times, how we live is how
 people perceive who we are.  As a Christian, I believe that those who say they are believers should live in such a way that displays that.  Call it a weird, "spiritual" connection to movies, but it is a thought that has meant a lot to me recently.  Jesus called us to live for Him. And where as Christians we often mess up...if Christ lives in us, hopefully he shines through us, making us into his image.....kinda sorta like film.  The only reason you see an image come from film is because light had to first shine through it.  When the lens & iris lets in light to a camera, the light "burns the image" onto the film. When its developed, its what we see.  This should be true of anyone who claims Jesus as their Savior.  When we let God step in to break through our darkness, He begins making us like him! He shines through us, teaches us, develops us. We are His heirs, and His image bearers. Ephesians 3:6, Titus 3:3-7 , Genesis 1:27 , Romans 8:28-30 , 2 Corinthians 3:17-18 , Colossians 3:1-17. Kinda cool way to think about it, especially if your a film nerd.


P.S. if your interested...check out some more about the camera/history of production.
http://prezi.com/jaruarhpfs9o/history-of-production/





No comments:

Post a Comment